Acceptable GPU Temperatures for Sapphire Radeon x850 XT

Discussion in 'ATI' started by ghadley_00, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. ghadley_00

    ghadley_00 Guest

    Hi,

    I have a sapphire radeon x850 xt video card on which I have replaced
    the standard cooling solution and installed the Artic Cooling ATI
    Silencer 5 v2 using the mx-1 paste included with kit. I have been using
    atitool to monitor my gpu temps, which have ranged from the low 40's
    under normal use to high 60's low 70's under intense gaming usage.
    Anyone know what acceptable temperature ranges are for the GPU?

    Will the video card trigger a machine shutdown if it gets too hot?

    Is it safe to assume the ati silencer from arctic cooling will keep the
    card appropriately cooled?

    Thanks,

    George

    PS - the silencer has made the card virtually silent almost all the
    time, and the second I stop doing a video intense task, the card
    temperature rapidly drops.

    ghadley_00, Apr 24, 2005

  2. ghadley_00

    Augustus Guest

    This is what it does on the stock cooler in an air conditioned
    office......so I would not be too concerned

    http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=x850xtpt&page=3

    Augustus, Apr 24, 2005

  3. ghadley_00

    First of One Guest

    Is that in fahrenheit or celcius? Because it does say "env: 75".

    First of One, Apr 25, 2005