    --
    "I have to sit up with a sick ant." --unknown
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Mar 24, 2012

  2. Ant

    Guest Guest

    you need to install third party software that can read mac formatted
    hard drives.

    <http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/standard/>

    Guest, Mar 24, 2012

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Thanks. :)
    --
    "He who dislikes aardvarks was an ant in his former life." --unknown
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Mar 24, 2012
  4. Neill Massello, Mar 24, 2012
  5. You'll probably need a MacOS system up and running to serve the
    filesystem with the TimeMachine information via CIFS. That protocol can
    be accessed by both Windows and Linux. So, yes you can get at the data
    and no you can't without a running MacOS system to serve that data.

    Michael Vilain, Mar 24, 2012
  6. Ant

    Tom Stiller Guest

    Tom Stiller, Mar 25, 2012
  7. Ant

    Guest Guest

    if they're on a network device they are. for a directly attached drive
    it's the entire drive.

    Guest, Mar 25, 2012
  8. Only if the drive is a remote drive; if it's a USB or FireWire (and
    probably a Thunderbolt) drive, then the backups are discrete files. At
    least, that's how it was originally.

    Michelle Steiner, Mar 25, 2012