    or

    Acer 2003LMi with 1.6GHz Pentium-M and 64MB ATI 9200

    Thanks!

    Canada2USA, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Canada2USA

    Jim Guest

    I like the Acer with Pentium-M. The 2.8GHz p4 could be a battery eater in
    comparison.

    Just make sure the Acer one is made in Taiwan. Otherwise go for the
    Toshiba one (but don't get those Toshiba made in Malaysia, Phillipine, or
    China. The quality of those is poor.

    Jim, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Canada2USA

    Canada2USA Guest

    What about performance? I probably won't use it on battery power that often
    & it is mainly a desktop replacement. I'd think the P4 is faster, but I
    don't know if the graphics card (geforce 420 with shared 32mb ram I think)
    is that hot.... but would the better CPU make up for it?

    Canada2USA, Jan 28, 2004
  4. What's going to be the better performer for games or anything else...
    Depends on the graphic card.

    At the CPU performance is the Pentium-M faster

    Notebook Acer Travelmate 663 LMI 512 MB RAM

    Notebook Fujitsu Siemens Amilio 1024 MB RAM
    3.06 GHz Pentium 4 HT.........................4:49

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?=, Jan 28, 2004