    the front of the computer doesn't light when the switch is pushed. Also, the
    machine freezes when the device is enabled. When I disable the device the
    machine stops freezing. Any ideas what to do? Thanks.

    Gary Roach, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Gary Roach

    Chris Syn Guest

    uninstall the driver via device manager and reboot.

    Chris Syn, Aug 24, 2007

  3. Gary Roach

    HH Guest

    Installing an earlier Os than the one preinstalled often poses issues. Might
    strick with Vista.

    HH

    HH, Aug 24, 2007
  4. Gary Roach

    hondo

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    acer 3680 vista to xp

    I to have tried to convert from vista to xp. Can not get the ethernet or wireless to work. Everybody says get the drivers from acer? Sounds good, but havent had any luck yet. Did you have to install the chip set drivers? if so what was the file name.
    Useing a network card in card port will get me on the net, but would like to get the other items working. Vista was to lame to use on this machine.
    Any help welcome

    hondo, Sep 4, 2007