Acer 8204WLMi and Lexmark printer install problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Chris Merfield, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. Hi all,

    Bizarre problem occuring. Running the above Acer TravelMate with XP/SP2,
    and trying to install new Lemark X9350 Wireless Printer driver.

    Ran the Lexmark wireless printer install disc fine on my other home desktop
    and laptop, however on the Acer it gets halfway through, dies, goes to blue
    screen of death for about 1 second, then restarts and says Windows recovered
    from a serious error, doh.

    Does this EVERY single time. Tried stopping virus scanner, firewall, all
    other running programs.

    Cannot find a similiar occurence of this problem ANYWHERE else on the Net.
    Looked through the following Microsoft KB article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935843 as it is a similiar error but this
    printer is not one of those listed. Lexmark website useless :(

    Any thoughts/ideas greatly appreciated. Driving me insane!

    Thanks
    Chris.

    Chris Merfield, Aug 20, 2007