    PWB Guest

    I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is there
    2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

    PWB, Mar 3, 2008

  2. PWB

    Bob Fay Guest

    Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains the
    data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance of
    the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of this
    data in case of hard drive failure.

    Bob Fay, Mar 4, 2008

  3. PWB

    PWB Guest

    so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?

    PWB, Mar 4, 2008
  4. PWB

    Bob Fay Guest

    This is how it looks with my 60 gig drive.

    Item Value
    Drive C:
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System FAT32
    Size 25.25 GB (27,113,701,376 bytes)
    Free Space 13.00 GB (13,962,051,584 bytes)
    Volume Name ACER
    Volume Serial Number 0E4D13C3

    Drive D:
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System FAT32
    Size 25.73 GB (27,631,648,768 bytes)
    Free Space 18.03 GB (19,364,593,664 bytes)
    Volume Name ACERDATA
    Volume Serial Number 12EA1119

    You should have a similar breakdown of your two partitions, but with a
    larger drive. 160 gig = 2 times 70 gig space for storage.

    Bob

    Bob Fay, Mar 4, 2008