    want to break anything on the way.....

    Cheers

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Sorted now.... Acer tech support were excellent.

    Turns out you have to take off the panel *above* the keyboard, then
    dismantle and remove just about everything (LCD, keyboard, fan, CD, floppy,
    CPU, etc.) to get through to the vital central screw. Can't think why I
    couldn't figure it out...

    Typical really - I only want access to the bottom of the motherboard to
    solder on a new power jack but that's the very last thing to be made
    accessible.

    Paul, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Paul

    tim Guest

    on the 1300, this is a common problem with the power socket pin,all that is
    required as you mentioned,remove the old one and solder another.Its so easy.

    tim, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Paul

    dorin Guest

    Can anybody name model of this power pin. I can not identify it.

    dorin, Apr 27, 2004