    80C degree. This is very hot CPU at work. This occured
    just recently under heavy load.

    TIA

    007, Oct 5, 2008

  2. Hi!
    I'll bet the 2.3GHz CPU runs even hotter under load.

    Laptop cooling systems usually can't keep the system as cool as a desktop
    computer can. This is true because there just isn't as much heatsink area.

    Another thing that happens--over time, as the fans run, they blow air
    through a radiator-like structure to help the laptop shed heat. You will
    find these on the CPU and graphics processor. There may also be one leading
    from the Northbridge portion of the chipset. These things plug up over time.
    A good way to clean them is to move air through them in reverse. Use a can
    of dusting spray or an air compressor that puts out *clean* and dry* air.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Oct 6, 2008

  3. 007

    007 Guest

    Thanks William for sharing your views with me.
    I did exactly what you advised and the result was
    immediate and the cooling improved (cut down to
    47C degrees) amazingly. There was cooling duct
    cluttered with dust.

    And of course the CPU I've mention was wrong.
    It should be 2.13 MHz only.

    Thanks again -
    Joe

    007, Oct 6, 2008
  4. 007

    McCorkindale Guest

    P.S.
    Thanks again, but I have one more problem with the same Acer.
    The sound on this laptop is sometimes very squeaky and scratchy.
    I tried to uninstall audio drivers for AC97 stereo studio but in vane.

    TIA
    Joe

    McCorkindale, Oct 7, 2008
  5. Hi!
    I would go to the Acer web site and see if a newer audio driver is available
    for your model. It is also possible that the internal speakers are broken.
    Have you tried external speakers or careful (!!!) use of headphones to see
    if the problem is still there?

    Good luck with your laptop. It should be a lot happier now, and it will have
    a longer useful life if you clean the dust out every now and then. Hopefully
    one of your fans doesn't fail:

    If you have a few minutes http://greyghost.mooo.com/d800fanrepair/ is the
    story of the fan that doesn't officially seem to exist in my Dell laptop. It
    too was a lot happier after being serviced.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Oct 8, 2008
  6. 007

    Harry Co Guest

    Greetings!
    Thanks for advice.
    Searching for solution to the sound problem , I've noticed
    that the sound is clear no scratches when the external
    loud speakers are conected. So, it indicates that there
    might be a phiscal problem with internal loud speakers.

    Thanks for link I'm going to check it now.

    Harry Co, Oct 8, 2008