    80C degree. This is very hot CPU at work. This occured
    just recently under heavy load.

    TIA

    Jdr, Oct 5, 2008

  2. Jdr

    M.I.5¾ Guest

    Since the heat disipated by a processor of any given design is more or less
    proportional to clock speed, a 2.3 GHz processor will mosy likely work
    hotter than 1.73 GHz

    M.I.5¾, Oct 6, 2008

  3. Jdr

    BillW50 Guest

    In M.I.5¾ typed on Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:17:38 +0100:
    True... and if you want it to run cooler, under clocking is one way to go.
    Another thing that works is limiting the priority of the demanding task. I
    use "AnVir Task Manager v5.2.0" which automatically adjusts the priority of
    high demanding tasks. My CPU stays 5°C cooler and I don't notice any
    performance hit. Logically there has to be some though.

    BillW50, Oct 6, 2008
  4. Jdr

    Harry Co Guest

    Thanks, the heat problem has been sorted out. Now
    it runs at 47-51 C degrees...It was cooling duct cluttered
    entirely by dust... Thanks for advice...

    Harry Co, Oct 6, 2008
  5. Jdr

    Harry Co Guest

    Thanks for contribution..
    I don't know AnVir Task Manager v5.2.0 I may try it though...
    Thank you...

    Harry Co, Oct 6, 2008
  6. Jdr

    BillW50 Guest

    In Harry Co typed on Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:12:23 +0100:
    That would clearly cause an overheating problem.

    BillW50, Oct 6, 2008
  7. Jdr

    M.I.5¾ Guest

    So he can keep the heat disipation the same by fitting a 2.3 GHz processor
    an underclocking it at (say) 1.73 GHz. Problem solved (?!).

    M.I.5¾, Oct 9, 2008
  8. Jdr

    BillW50 Guest

    In M.I.5¾ typed on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 07:37:57 +0100:
    No by under clocking the current 1.73 GHz which will keep it cooler. :p

    BillW50, Oct 11, 2008