acer aspire 1800: screen doesn't power on all the times

Discussion in 'Acer' started by jimi_xyz, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. jimi_xyz

    jimi_xyz Guest

    My father gave me a Acer Aspire 1800, a couple of days ago because of
    the fact that the screen doesn't power on, when you push the power
    button, while evrything else turns on.

    If you turn the power on and no acer symbol comes on, hold down the
    power button until it turns
    off then hit the power button again, keep repeating this procedure
    until the acer symbol comes
    on it will work. Some times it take 20 tries sometimes it take 2 times.

    I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and what they had
    to do to fix it. When you power the machine on all of the fans start
    up, and the lights flash, but the screen won't power on; I have been
    looking on the net for someone who has had the same problem and have
    found nothing useful. Any help will be nice.

    Thanks,
    Jimmie Barnett

    jimi_xyz, Nov 8, 2006