    would be much appreciated.

    Cheer
    Tyron

    tds1969, Sep 17, 2005

  2. tds1969

    rvision Guest

    acer do not fit antennas in that model unless you order the versio
    with the wlan min pci card already fitted. Therefore you need to bu
    a mini pci wifi antenna/s of eBay for about £13 delivered and fi
    them. You have two options

    1. Take the tricky route and fit them in the screen where they shoul
    be. lost of screws and plastic clips
    2. fit them around the minipci card with some doubleside foam or unde
    the keyboard if you can.

    2 antennas are much better than 1, but if you only go for 1 put it o
    the main socket on the wifi card. Here is a link to an auction fo
    antennas

    I am fitting a set in the screen for a friend this evening on an ace
    aspire 3200. I have a bit of exp' reairing/stripping laptops so wil
    let you know how difficult it is

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-WIDE-BAND-H...QQitemZ6803774769QQcategoryZ3715QQcmdZViewIte

    Was pretty peeved they wernt a standard fitted item and they jus
    added wlan as required. but thats cost cutting for ya
    Good luc
    And

    rvision, Sep 27, 2005

  3. tds1969

    rvision Guest

    Accer 3002L
    Ok did it last night took me about an hour. All went fine

    Remove the CPU cover and mini-pci cove

    Unscrew the 3 screws at the back of the laptop holiding the scree
    hinge covers in place.

    Lever the hing section up and forward from the back as it is clippe
    under the front (nr keyboard). Moving the screen back and forth wil
    allow you to remove it. If it doesnt come out or seems stuck kee
    going it will eventually come out if you keep trying ;

    Remove the four sticky pads in each corner of the lcd and unscrew th
    four screws

    Carefully prise the plastic sections apart around the LCD startin
    from one side and work your finger around so it unlclips. Be carefu
    not to slip and over bend one side, it may break... .. There may b
    some tape sticking the parts together slowly allow it to peel off
    Then remove away the top side (masses of room for antennas in there

    Fit 1 antenna along the right hand edge about 1/2 way up and stic
    with a bit of insulation tape. Fit the other along the bottom in th
    small space on the left hand side of the pcb psu board. Then rout
    both cables back down to where the other cables come out and go t
    the main motherboard

    I unscrewed the CPU and fed the cables through and under there. it ha
    enough of a gap and movement to allow them under. Then just secur
    them onto the mini pci card

    Refit in reverse of removal, cliping all the bits together fully

    Was really easy..

    rvision, Sep 28, 2005
  4. tds1969

    tds1969 Guest