Acer Aspire 3003lc (3000/5000 series) CPU Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acer' started by djfost, Sep 16, 2006.

  1. djfost

    djfost Guest

    Hi there, I have an Acer Aspire 3003lc laptop and I am in the process
    of upgrading it.

    I have already fitted extra ram (512mb), a mini-PCI wireless card +
    antennae and soon a new hard disk.

    But what I really want to upgrade is the CPU.

    I'm pretty sure that I want an AMD Turion processor as these seem to be
    AMD's best mobile processor currently, and I think i'll need a speed of
    anywhere between 1.6-2.0ghz.

    I have read that there are two types the ML-XX and the MT-XX (XX being
    product number), the MT being the more power efficient, and as I play
    games on this laptop, I want a large L2 cache (at least 512kb).

    So basically, I would like to know which is the best AMD Turion CPU to
    buy both for performance and value for money.

    Any responses appreciated...

    djfost

    djfost, Sep 16, 2006