Acer Aspire 3103 Broken Display

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Mapin, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Mapin

    Mapin Guest

    I accidentaly stepped on my notebooks display and its not usable
    anymore.

    [image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2360/img0501rk4.jpg]

    This is how it looks like now...

    I thought about buying myself another broken 3103 laptop on ebay and
    use it to replace the broken parts.
    But I have no idea how to open the laptop and what exactly i would have
    to do to replace ..." whatever is broken there".
    Question1: Is this simple enough to do it by myself or will i rather
    destroy the rest of the notebook
    Question2: If it is possible could anybody give me something like a
    "step by step" manual on how to do it?
    Question3: Since it may be hard to find a broken 3103 ... are there any
    other Acer Notebooks which may have the exactly same part in it that i
    need to repair mine?

    "Sorry for bad english, not my mothertongue ;) "

    Mapin, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Mapin

    Bob Fay Guest

    Your English is excellent.

    I think you would have a very hard time finding a broken notebook that would
    have the exact parts you need to repair yours. If you did find one, you
    could use it as a learning tool and systematically disassemble it while
    documenting your work.
    Your best action is to find a good deal on a used laptop and sell yours to
    someone who is equipped to make such a repair. Good Luck! The image brings
    tears to my eyes.

    Bob Fay, Jun 10, 2007

  3. Mapin

    Bob Fay Guest

    Here is a procedure that might help you decide what to do.
    http://computershopper.com/howto/200701_replace_your_laptop_screen

    Bob Fay, Jun 10, 2007
  4. Mapin

    ctowers Guest

    There may also be damaged parts that cannot be detected by a visual
    inspection.

    ctowers, Jun 11, 2007