Acer Aspire 5000 Problem (laptop)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by zoofly, Oct 8, 2009.

  1. zoofly

    zoofly

    Hello all.

    I have Acer Aspire 5000 laptop. I recently put a cd in to load up and I decided I didn't want it to load so I hit the power button till it shut off. I went to start it up and now I just get a blank screen, I press anything on the key board it doesn't beep. I put a cd in the cd rom and it doesn't load up, mean while the screen remains black.
    I pulled out the ram and started it up no beep error screen remains black
    I pulled out the hd drive screen remains black no beep error
    I pulled out the cmos batter to reset the computer pulged the power back in and nothing.
    Took out the battery pack to drain all power only getting the same result

    Other things I noticed when I press the power button it shuts off in 1 second before it would take 5 to turn off when holding down the power button

    Any ideas be helpful

    Cheers
    Steve

    zoofly, Oct 8, 2009