    Thanks

    ..
    Remove dashes "-----------" to e-mail.

    Frank White, Aug 11, 2007

  2. Frank White

    ctowers Guest

    You need to understand there are many factors that will affect the time it
    takes to defragment. You can search for and read the many articles that have
    been written on the subject and a good place to start might be the Microsoft
    web site. I've been using a versatile utility called ScanDefrag that I've
    had good success with, but I schedule it to start and run "off hours" and to
    shutdown the computer when it finishes.

    ctowers, Aug 11, 2007

  3. Frank White

    Frank White Guest

    I guess I will have to do that. I seems odd however that with the out
    of the box software configuration, even before I touched it, It took
    excessively long to do this task.
    The more I added the worse it became as expected, but not to this
    extent.

    Remove dashes "-----------" to e-mail.

    Frank White, Aug 12, 2007
  4. Frank White

    ctowers Guest

    If you do use the ScanDefrag utility, the log will list any processes that
    are running. Also, it may take longer just because it has not been defraged
    before. Good luck.

    ctowers, Aug 12, 2007
  5. Frank White

    doS Guest

    if thats the case you have something running in the background...

    doS, Aug 12, 2007