    Thanks for any insights or help, Acer support informs me they can not
    assist with non OEM issues.. GGGRRRRRR

    Ralph

    Ralph2, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Ralph2

    Wandering Guest

    No experience with this, but you'll have to install the latest XP driver in
    XP as well. Not likely the Vista driver will work on both.

    I think that the power management is simply the default of the operating
    system - unless the unit is a desktop, and then you will need a driver from
    Acer, for XP and Vista.

    Sometimes XP drivers work under Vista, but not often.

    Good luck with you system.... Drivers for whatever it was supplied with are
    likely on the ACER website.

    Wandering, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Ralph2

    Wandering Guest

    OOPsss. That's "unless the unit is a laptop" They have unique drivers
    for most stuff, and will likely have to come from ACER

    Wandering, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Ralph2

    Ralph2 Guest

    Thanks... I have downloaded and installed what I believe are the
    correct drivers for XP. From what I can gather from the information
    shown about the file on the Acer web site.
    My hope is to find someone that has XP as OEM on an Acer Aspire 5630
    to confirm the driver and or settings.
    Ralph

    Ralph2, Dec 19, 2007