    Barb Guest

    Can anyone explain what this is? (Preferably in easy-to-understand
    words, please :)

    Barb, Sep 24, 2007

  2. Barb

    A Nother Guest

    A Nother, Sep 24, 2007

  3. Barb

    Barb Guest

    No, I think it's some kind of software that came installed on my Acer.
    I've looked up the term "dongle" and I've also heard it before, but it
    is as clear as mud to me.
    What I'm wanting to do is connect to my small home network wirelessly
    and I thought this "dongle" was some sort of built-in wireless adaptor,
    but I'm thinking now it's not---so I want to know what exactly it IS.
    Thanks for your reply

    Barb, Sep 24, 2007
  4. Barb

    A Nother Guest

    No, a dongle is a gadget that plugs into a computer but sticks out
    externally. You can get WiFi dongles and Bluetooth dongles and security
    dongles. If your laptop doesn't have built in WiFi a dongle can make it
    happen.

    A Nother, Sep 24, 2007