    be done without too much trouble? I own a copy of XP Home Edition, which at
    the moment I still have installed on my older box.

    Any tips, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated.

    Lukas Mariman, Apr 30, 2008

  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to check with Acer before I switch to
    XP...

    Lukas Mariman, May 2, 2008

  3. BTW, I'd be very interested to know if there are other people "here" with
    the same system, or with a similar model, and what their experiences are,
    especially concerning gaming.

    I've tried out a couple of games so far, and have already run into trouble.
    I can't seem to get Bioshock to run properly, and apparently Vista doesn't
    like the Battle for Middle Earth RTS game... Wonderful. :-/

    Lukas Mariman, May 4, 2008
  4. Lukas Mariman

    chelsea

    Joined:
    May 8, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    there is no problem with XP i guess.. im having ACER with Windows XP. it works and no such problem i encountered so far. maybe Vista is not compatible with Acer.

    chelsea, May 8, 2008
  5. Lukas Mariman

    Sentinel Guest

    Thanks, I appreciate your help! I'll let you know how it goes.

    Sentinel, May 21, 2008
  6. OK, I managed to get all the drivers and managed to install XP Home Edition.
    It seems to work fine, although a few issues have emerged since.

    - I recently noticed my Acer USB keyboard doesn't seem to work when I want
    to access, say, the BIOS setup. Funnily enough I CAN use the keyboard to
    enter the BIOS in the first place, so why doesn't it work? I don't know if
    installing XP has anything to do with it. It used to work before.

    - Last week I installed a second drive. While it seems to run reliably, I've
    had Windows hang a couple of times since. The desktop loads, but it seems to
    hang trying to load more stuff, such as the items in the system tray. I can
    move the mouse, and it changes into an hourglass when I hower the mouse over
    the taskbar. I can get the system to work ok by accessing the task manager
    and logging off and then back on.

    Because the is started at around the time I installed the new drive, so
    naturally I was wondering if there might be a connection. But then again I
    only installed XP on this Acer M3610 just 2 weeks or so ago, so maybe
    there's something else going on?

    I have to say I wasn't sure if I connected the drive in the right slot. As I
    don't have any manual for my mobo, I just made a guess.

    Lukas Mariman, Jun 5, 2008