    0
    Hi Nick Fisher. Would be glad if you could send me the biosfix disk :-D

    MVH Rune hovedinstruktor(a)sotratkd.no

    theking2003, Nov 18, 2007

  2. Forum

    Jonathanz

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello!

    I would be very thankful if you could contact me regarding the crisis disc. My TM 8204 is completely unconscious.
    How to make a succesful biosupdate and which biosversion are you guys using? I have vers 3209 and that one is from 2005!!!
    I'm going totally insane!
    Please help out and thanks for your time!
    Best regards
    Marcus Andersson
    marcus_vip@hotmail.com

    Jonathanz, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Forum

    rolling7z

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a acr aspire 5102 (5100) with the same problem but i don't have a floppy drive. the cd spins and the fan spins, but black screen. Is there a fix for me?

    rolling7z, Jan 31, 2008
  4. Forum

    Glaciadluz

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Same problem, black sreen after flash bios but i was sure that the bios is good.
    So, the problem came to setting on bios.
    If you view nothing in your screen and you can heard the fan, ect.. try this.
    Sorry for my bad english, im french.

    - Press power
    -Just after, press repetly on F2
    -Wait 10 second
    - Arrows R,D,D,D, Enter, Arrows D, Enter, Arrows R, R, R, R, Enter, Enter

    It's done ;)

    Glaciadluz, Oct 16, 2008
  5. Forum

    glennmward

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Please could you send me the file

    Please could you send me the file, glennward21 at hotmail.com my laptop has given up the ghost and I don't have time to send it back to acer and frankly don't hold out much hope with them. Thanks in advance if you still have it, would be gratefully recieved!

    Glenn

    glennmward, Dec 28, 2008
  6. Forum

    nonito

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    bios update TM 6464WLMi failed

    I have a TravelMate 6464WLMi. After trying a bios update with Winphlash under windows my laptop was dead. So I tried the LinuxGuru procedure.

    A Crisis & Recovery Diskette contains:
    - BIOS.WPH
    - MINIDOS.SYS
    - phlash16.exe

    The bios zip.file from Acer for TM 6464WLMi contains:
    - [winphlash-1665x]
    - flash.bat ( 1 command: phlash16 v304.rom/c )
    - phlash16.exe
    - readme.txt
    - v304.rom

    I created a diskette with the files:
    - MINIDOS.SYS
    - phlash16.exe
    - v304.rom

    Using the LinuxGuru procedure: Fn + Esc and Power On there was no action.

    Do I have to rename the v304.rom file into bios.wph ???

    nonito, Jan 3, 2009
  7. Forum

    Wyo. Cop

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Acer DVD drive problems cure

    First, if you have tried to settle this with Acer and had no luck, that's ok. Here is one very simple way to get around Acer. Open your email program. Tell your story and be specific about what you have done to try to solve your problem. Give dates and do copy and paste of all emails. NOW, and this is the most important part, make sure you ask to "Pass this information on to everyone on your email list". Now send this email, with a warning about buying anything from Acer to everyone on you email list. Tell them to avoid Acer like the plague. You aren't going to fix your 5810TZ, in fact, it is not fixable. If you have done an upgrade to the BIOS, you cannot correct this by trying to downgrade to an older version. It can't be done. Be sure that you send a copy of your email to Acer at Acer support. Do not try to hide your intentions. I have stopped over 850 people from purchasing anything from Acer and you can too. They need to be taught a lession and if you start in the wallet, they WILL listen......... WC

    Wyo. Cop, Apr 1, 2011
  8. Forum

    vahid_ee

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm in big trouble, plzzzz help me

    I have the exact same problem with my acer aspire 4752g
    I just update my bios with the one on the acer web site (that l really shouldn't have to do that) and a program come u, l really dont know what happend too my laptop, it restarted and,baaam dead screen :(
    Nothing, only the power led is on and the charger, hard drive led blinks once or twice,
    Plzzzzz help me, what should I do, I have my seminar coming up in two days, my master degree depends on this seminar,
    I dont have any kind of flash usb boot dos type of think,
    If anyone could help me I will be rally appreciated,
    Any think to get my bios back,
    Thank u all in advance,
    Regards

    vahid_ee, Oct 17, 2013
  9. Forum

    jerung16

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi...i need aspire 4752g and 4740g crisis disk if anyone have it...2 times failed for bios update...why they give us the update but it was just make it error...anyone please...tq in advance

    jerung16, Oct 3, 2015