    Thanks,
    David

    http://daviderl31.blogspot.com/

    David, Oct 28, 2012

  2. David

    Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 08:27:47 -0400, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >3 1/2 years ago I bought a 19" Acer monitor. Then it started going black. I
    >would turn it off and on again and it would work for a while.
    >After this going on for a few days, it finally would go black right after
    >the Acer logo.
    >Shouldn't it have lasted longer than 3 1/2 years?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >David
    >
    >http://daviderl31.blogspot.com/

    If it didn't have the defective capacitors that were made using
    counterfiet Chinese electrolyte it would last 10 years or more. If
    you pop it open you will find, IIRC, 8 capacitors with the tops convex
    instead of concave. Replace with good replacements and the monitor is
    good for a long time. I've done quite a number of them. The ones made
    only 3 years ago don't have the problem, but somewhwere about 2000 to
    mid to late 2009 could be trouble. And it's not just Acer, and not
    just monitors.
    Motherboards, power supplies, video cameras, CFL ballasts,and video
    cards as well as controllers in driers, microwaves, cofee-makers, etc.
    all got hit by the "plague"

    , Oct 28, 2012