Acer owner please replay(are there anywhere acer battery that holdtheir capacity) ?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Jabka Atu, May 29, 2008.

  1. Jabka Atu

    Jabka Atu Guest

    I own Acer 5102 wlmi i had really serious issues with the hardware of
    this laptop -
    Mother Board , Battery , DVD , twice hard disk , Plastics wore
    replaced.

    I thought i had the only buggy laptop but today i heard more people
    (actually only one) at http://www.whatsup.co.il/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=45560
    with battery issues/

    Could you please state your battery info and how old it is for example
    mine :
    after 7 months.

    notebook:/home/jabka# cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info
    present: yes
    design capacity: 4000 mAh
    last full capacity: 795 mAh
    battery technology: rechargeable
    design voltage: 11100 mV
    design capacity warning: 200 mAh
    design capacity low: 120 mAh
    capacity granularity 1: 264 mAh
    capacity granularity 2: 3780 mAh
    model number: Primary
    serial number:
    battery type: Lion
    OEM info: ACER

    fell free to post your answer at :

    http://bsh83.blogspot.com/2008/05/if-you-have-acer-please-post-your.html

    Jabka Atu, May 29, 2008

  2. Jabka Atu

    BillW50 Guest

    In
    Jabka Atu typed on Thu, 29 May 2008 14:50:12 -0700 (PDT):
    Where is your wear level?

    BattStat
    http://users.rcn.com/tmtalpey/BattStat/

    Most laptop batteries will last 18 to 24 months on AC. If you want them
    to last longer, remove them if you are not using it on battery or are
    not charging it. That way if not used for hundreds of recharges (250 to
    500 tops), should last 10+ years.

    BillW50, May 29, 2008