    Hi everyone :),

    First off, I hope I give as much information as possible. I have an old PC that was my step-father's. I plan to keep using it if this is possible. I want to upgrade this motherboard with a Pentium III 1100MHz socket 370 processor. Right now it's got a Pentium III 600MHz socket 370 processor. Also, it has a SiS's SiS630 chipset.

    The PC is a Hitachi FLORA 310 DL9. I really want to be able to upgrade the processor on this if I can. I've read around and 800MHz maybe the top I can go with this computer. I emailed Acer, hopefully they're the maker of this motherboard. It's just been the past five days of looking up any information I can get for this computer. It seems very hard to find and I've seen all different kinds of information. Hard to tell what to believe. Maybe you guys can help me. :)

    RR99i, Jan 31, 2009
  2. RR99i

    RR99i

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    The processor that's in my old PC is, Pentium III 600EMHz SL3XU 600E/256/100 1.65V processor. The one I want to get it is a Pentium III 1100MHz SL5QW. I can't post links yet, so go to Intel's website for the specs. I'm just hoping my old PC could run this. But I may have to go with a 1GHz Pentium III processor which would have a 133MHz bus speed... which I don't think would work on the PC.

    RR99i, Jan 31, 2009