Acer Service guide for Aspire 2000 series

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Jo Maiers, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Jo Maiers

    Jo Maiers Guest

    Hello,

    I urgently need a service guide (support manual) for the Acer Aspire 2000
    series.
    Because I must change a keyboard.

    The former link: http://www.acersupport.com/library/as2000sg.pdf is broken
    or has changed.

    Where can I get this service guide i badly need??

    Can anyone help me ?

    Would be very happy if anyone cold help.

    Greets
    Jo

    Jo Maiers, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Jo Maiers

    Good Man Guest

    just wondering... why are you changing the keyboard? is it physically
    broken, or are you having troubles with the repeating-key problem (ie:
    typing a letter and getting it twice)....

    if it is the latter, be aware that a BIOS update has fixed this very
    annoying keyboard issue with the Aspire 2000 series. it's BIOS 1.07 and
    available on the ACER support websites.

    Good Man, Aug 30, 2004

  3. I to would like to have it - just for reference...

    William Cheng @work, Sep 1, 2004
  4. Jo Maiers

    sr Guest

    You don't have the travelmate 8000 guide by any chance?

    Look on the support site for the address of the user guide now and just
    replace the userguide name at the end with the service guide name, which
    you already know.
    It's a synapsenow website address but I can't recall the full address
    offhand. Not that you'll have problems finding the address and changing
    the end of the address to as2000sg.pdf.

    sr, Sep 3, 2004
  5. Its not the user guide that we are after - its the service guide ie: how to
    take apart the notebook.

    Thanks,
    Still looking for it if anyone has a copy.

    William Cheng @work, Sep 7, 2004
  6. Jo Maiers

    sr Guest

    You didn't understand, replace the userguide part with the name of the
    serviceguide e.g. if it was www.acer.com/as2000.pdf for the user guide you
    would change the address to www.acer.com/as2000sg.pdf

    The synapsenow website links for the user guides link to the same
    directories that have some of the older service guides you see.

    I think it's something like
    https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/
    with the as2000sg.pdf on the end for the aspire 2000 service guide and
    likewise for other older guides.

    sr, Sep 8, 2004
  7. Jo Maiers

    Good Man Guest

    if you read the latest posts, you will see that a kind fellow has archived
    many Acer Service Manuals, including the Aspire 2000, at:

    http://www.underflow.dk/acer-sg

    Good Man, Sep 8, 2004
  8. Jo Maiers

    Good Man Guest