Acer Travelmate 220 Flashing

Discussion in 'Acer' started by r3in, Jul 31, 2006.

1. r3in

r3in

Hello, I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me where i can find the cmos battery on a travelmate 220, or if their is a jumper hidden away.

I bought a second hand tm220 and it worked fine, until i installed the graphics card, now it has been constantly crashing, so I was hoping to disable video shadowing, but the person who sold it to me failed that their was a password on the bios

any help is appreciated,
    with respect
    r3in

r3in, Jul 31, 2006
  2. r3in

r3in

Interestingly enough I found the cmos battery, but when it was removed, and I booted again, the BIOS was not flashed. in fact, it made absolutely no noticable difference whether it was their or not, so i must assume that I need to find a set of jumpers to complete it

any ideas?
    Peace = love = jealousy = hate = war
    r3in

r3in, Aug 6, 2006
  3. r3in

der

cmos battery capacitance

Usually the cmos btt will have to retain a positive efficiencey of device ie. Eff=output/input to put it simply or the bios can not be flashed as per its capacitance again ie. 0.0885xdielectric constantxarea in cm2x(no of plate -1)/thicknessof dielectric in cm hope this helps

der, Sep 4, 2006
Ask a Question