    CLEAR plastic tab attached to the hd, but it would not come out. I
    there any hidden screws or something I missed.
    Thank you for your help

    ccputerman, Dec 7, 2004

  2. ccputerman

    jgraceoma

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    replacing hard drive in travelmate 220

    did you ever find the answer to your question. I'm having the same problem.

    jgraceoma, Aug 28, 2006

  3. ccputerman

    Manil

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sweden
    I'ts a bit harder than it's supposed to.

    It is not too good a construction. The HDD caddy has some parts that very easily gets stuck to the chassi.

    The best thing is actually unscrewing all the screws on the bottom of the chassi, and gently expanding the hole where the HDD cover used to be to just lift the chassi a bit away from the HDD caddy.

    Or you can just use brute force and pull, as I did the first time.
    You will bend the thin chassi a bit, but you can always bend it back before putting it back in. - I would go with the unscrewing and gently lifting thoug.

    Good luck, if you're still attempting.

    Manil, Oct 30, 2006