    possible on a laptop having cooling intake on bottom
    and exhaust on right side? Wouldn't this block the
    intake if it was resting on your lap?

    Jim, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I know you won't believe this,but since I was considering the purchase
    of above laptop, I went to Acer site and downloaded the user manual.
    There it was, a warning, not to use the laptop with the fan intake
    blocked. Thus from the placement of the fan, it would be very
    difficult to use this machine sitting on your lap WITHOUT blocking the
    fan. Scratch this model from my list, I was almost ready to buy due
    to 5 hour battery life.

    Jim, Nov 6, 2003