    or a file gets opened. I want to use only the mouse buttons, not do
    the clicking with the touchpad. Acer support is clueless. Please
    help!

    Bodo Diehn, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Bodo Diehn

    Chris H. Guest

    You can normally set Touchpad items in Control Panel/Mouse Properties. It
    may be you're slightly touching it, or there's a conflicting setting
    somewhere. You might also find settings specifically for the Touchpad on
    the Start/All Programs listings, depending on which Touchpad setup your
    system uses.

    Another item you may want to check, if your pen has a button, is what those
    settings are in Control Panel/Tablet and Pen Settings/Pen Options tab. You
    might be triggering a setting in there by accidentally hitting the pen
    button.
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    Chris H., Apr 17, 2005

  3. There is a separate utility for configuring the touchpad that comes
    installed on the C300. I have one and have used it but it is out in my
    car now and I am too lazy to go get it now. It should be somewhere in
    your start menu but I couldn't tell you where the default location is
    because I rearrange things to suit my personal needs.

    Grant Robertson, Apr 17, 2005
  4. Bodo Diehn

    bmhome1 Guest

    There are TWO Control Panels for adjusting the overly sensitive touchpad in
    the C300's:

    Tablet & Pen Settings and the Synaptics configuration (Mouse) which has MANY
    options to tame the ridiculouly high default settings. My C303 touchpad
    works beautifully after playing extensively with all the options.

    bmhome1, Apr 17, 2005