    Could you help me ?

    Thanks in advance.

    Phil

    ikari, May 18, 2004

  2. They are for 800 series (801, 802, 803, 804). Drivers/bios for 8000 are
    not on the Internet yet.

    What's wrong with the current ones?

    Some "newer" drivers can still be found:
    - for ATI M11 driver check Omega drivers (www.driverheaven.net)
    - for Realtek driver check www.realtek.com.tw

    The Platinum Secure version 1.1.2 (can be found on ftp.support.acer-
    euro.com) is applicable to all Travelmates with SmartCard slot.

    I'm sure you can find new Synaptics driver (touchpad) if you search for
    it.
    I doubt that Intel has anything newer for its Wireless card.

    But the question above still stands.

    Alexei

    Alexei Boukirev, May 18, 2004

  3. ikari

    ikari Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks very much for your answer.

    I have a travelmate 8004lmi and there's no option in the bios to
    boot from an usb device ! I find this strange as i saw that on models like
    the 803 and 804 the latest bios allow to boot from a usb device like a usb
    floppy of HDD. I was then looking for an update on acer website.

    Maybe I missed something, do you know if there's a posibility to
    boot from a usb device on my model ?

    Thanks again.

    Phil

    ikari, May 18, 2004
  4. Plugin USB device, turn on laptop, press F2 to go to BIOS.
    In the Boot section for the hard drive (forgot how it is exactly spelled)
    you will see plus sign in front of it. It will have two subitems: your HD
    and your USB device. Using F5/F6 bring USB device as your first bootable
    device. You're good to go.

    Works with current BIOS (3A12) on 8003.

    Alexei

    Alexei Boukirev, May 18, 2004