    presentation and take notes when required without audience seeing my notes?
    THanks.
    HS

    HS, Jan 21, 2004

  2. HS

    DennisL Guest

    Hi, My company has used Acer C110 since last July. We currently have 7 and for the most part are very happy with them (I am having trouble with one freezing up but will fix that soon). Our company inspects homes under construction and I have found that these computers are fairly rugged. We have had problems with the latch on 2 when they were incorrectly opened and problems not Acers fault (coffee in the power plug & a foot through the screen.... ough)

    As far as a program that you can use for presentations, yet write notes so that others can't see your notes. Acer just release a newer model, the Acer C111 .... supposedly larger hard drive and with a dvd/cd) Anyway, good luck.

    DennisL

    DennisL, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Not sure about doing presentations without others seeing your notes.

    However, I've owned an Acer C110TCi Tablet PC since June 03.

    Even though it has a relatively small screen, it's been perfect for my
    needs.
    I'm a Mortgage Broker, & the small form factor makes it ideal for use to
    take & process applications.
    The light weight really is an advantage.

    Battery life is excellent, & it can usefully play DVD & video for the
    downtimes between presentations.

    Here's what I don't like:-

    The external drives.
    While it keeps the weight down on the primary machine, it's a pain to
    connect everytime you need to access the drive.
    Also, it's Firewire only, meaning that it takes up that port, so you can't
    use it for anything else.
    Finally, you need to connect the drive to mains power, meaning you can't
    play DVDs unless you can plug it into the wall. You therefore can't use it
    on a plane, for example.

    Other than that, it works great for it's intended function as a light weight
    Tablet PC.

    Cheers,

    JP

    Jason Priddle, Jan 26, 2004