    Graphics: Intel Extreme Graphics
    Connectivity: 802.11b WLAN, 10/100 LAN, V.92 mode

    If you need the price to make a decision if this is worth it. Please e-mail me at Subject: "ACER PC"

    Rebel6381, Apr 7, 2004

  2. You'll certainly have a completely usable and enjoyable tablet
    experience on that machine. The Centrino technology really gets a
    tablet moving!

    Drive is plenty large, the memory will keep you happy. The drawback
    for some people will be the screen size. But for ultra portable
    tablet usage, something that's easy to take around a school
    environment and just use the heck out of, I don't think you'll have
    anything that you'll find as a detriment here.

    If they have any there already, see if you can take a look at one.
    The specs are all just fine - better than any first generation tablet
    was with that processor in it - and I'm still using my first gen
    Toshiba and have no issues at all - and this Acer has a faster CPU
    than my 1.3GHz PIII.

    If you can get your hands on one, and the screen size will work for
    your usage (everyone differs) and you're happy with the discount, I'd
    say go for it. you will not be disappointed.

    John

    JDTHREE [MVP], Apr 8, 2004

  3. Rebel6381

    Deb Guest

    I've had the C110 since August, same specs you list, and love it. I take it
    to work every day. The small size and weight make it ideal for carrying to
    meetings and taking notes using OneNote - I've completely stopped using
    paper to take notes - the newer models have bigger screens, but also added
    weight. Run Office 2003 and it works well with the inking features. Have
    also used to scan and edit photos, and download digital video via the
    firewire connection - it handled all tasks very well. No problems with the
    wireless networking. The Pentium M and 512 MB RAM makes running multiple
    apps simultaneously a breeze. Oh course it works great for games too.

    Drawbacks - the battery life - is awful, max of about 2 1/2 hours even with
    the wireless turned off. So if you are planning to use all day at school,
    you'll either need extra batteries or will need to plug in and recharge
    during the day which is the option I use, the battery does charge quickly -
    about 15-20 minutes to fully charged from completely drained. The screen
    can also be tough to see when using in tablet mode in very bright light -
    you have to get the angle just right, but on the plus side, others can't see
    what you are writing. Because of the small size, the keyboard is small, but
    I was able to get used to it easily. Also, only one small speaker which is
    covered when in tablet mode so the sound is muffled, but I don't use sound
    much when in tablet mode so it's not that much of a problem.

    Overall, I highly recommend, I see it as a great little laptop with the
    added bonus of being a tablet. I did purchase the port replicator so that I
    don't have to plug/unplug peripherals and an spare AC adapter so I can leave
    the port replicator plugged in and have one to take with me to the office.

    discoutned price. This is supposed to be a test to see how these PCs will
    work in the school enviornment. As a student I would like to know how the
    performance of this particular Table PC rates. These are the specs given.
    e-mail me at Subject: "ACER PC"

    Deb, Apr 16, 2004