    before going back to my supplyer.

    None of the tablet mode facilities work with the stylus? Is this a
    software or hardware problem?

    Col, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Col

    terri Guest

    Colin, the first thing to check is the tip of the pen. Reseat it or replace
    it.

    You might also want to check with Acer's tech support since the machine is
    still under warranty. There's a support forum on the Acer site as well.

    terri, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Col

    Cheryl Wise Guest

    You may also want to check your BIOS version. Acer has had a couple of BIOS
    update recently. Mine shipped in April/May with version 1.4 but they've had
    2 updates since then. Otherwiwse I'd suggest calling them. While slow on
    turn around compared with some other manufacturers they are good about
    taking care of hardware issues.

    Cheryl Wise, Aug 2, 2004
  4. Col

    Col Guest

    Could you help by telling me where to get a: the bios update from and
    b: what is the url of the support forum, I have looked on their site
    and cannot see it?
    Thanks
    Colin

    Col, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Col

    LPH Guest

    Colin,

    Have you tried to remove the USB TV card and put things back to th
    factory defaults?

    You say it stopped in tablet mode, then I'm assuming that it stil
    works in notebook mode- is that correct?

    Besides, the hardware, what other changes have you made recently? Di
    you install any new software? Do any windows updates? Are you runnin
    Service Pack 2 release candidate?

    I'd check the easy things before doing a bios update

    LPH, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Col

    Cheryl Wise Guest

    Cheryl Wise, Aug 3, 2004
  7. Col

    Col Guest

    I have removed the usb TV card and all associated software, I have
    most of the microsft updates installed, but have as yet not installed
    service pack 2.

    The machine works fine as a laptop, but will not function in tablet
    mode.

    ACER support asked me to roll back in xp to earleier dates i have
    done so, but it still does not function as a tablet.

    I am not keen on installing bios updates, and wondr if I should try a
    clean install using the disks provided with my machine. Hwever I
    cannot be certain they contain all the correct drivers. Although they
    should.
    Colin

    Col, Aug 6, 2004