  1. In store special starting tomorrow..
    Can it be upgraded to 2 g ram?
    Is it worth the money?

    the_verminator, Nov 2, 2007

  2. the_verminator

    Superunknown Guest

    I bought one and it seems to be a real good deal for what you get.
    Although you only get about 36 g of free space (80 g advertised),
    that`s enough for me. It will no doubt increase after uninstalling all
    of the cripple-ware.

    To answer your question, it can be upgraded to 2 g but I have a
    feeling that you may have to upgrade to Vista Premium for anything
    more. I seem to recall a post from the "Google Groups Archive" about
    someone trying to install 4 g but needing V.P.
    I'm sure Acer online support can answer that for sure.
    Good Luck

    SU

    Superunknown, Nov 4, 2007

  3. the_verminator

    Han Guest

    I bought an Aspire 3680 with Vista Home Basic, and added RAM up to 2 GB.
    Total cost ~US$500. It does most of what I want it to do, but is slow as
    molasses, in spite of the 2GB RAM. Part of that is caused by the Verizon
    ActionTec 1424WR slow wireless, but most is due to the slow Celeron
    processor. I wish I could exchange the processor, but can't find info on
    it (haven't looked too hard). All in all I'm sort ofsatisfied with it,
    but then it isn't really my main machine.

    Han, Nov 4, 2007

  4. I'm planning to add a 500 gig MyBook external drive. The main use will
    be as a second monitor for transcription word more than anything else.
    I'm not even interested in running Aero as it just slows down my
    genealogy software.

    the_verminator, Nov 4, 2007
  5. the_verminator

    Drummer_One Guest

    the system restore files and vista are using the rest....
    no, the laptop is a celeron,2 gigs is it....

    I seem to recall a post from the "Google Groups Archive" about

    Drummer_One, Nov 5, 2007