    And can it be re enabled without re enabling ACPI?

    Thanks for any help,
    Nate

    Nate, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Hi,
    this is a question of installation. You should disable "acpi" during
    installation, but there are ways to get rid of it afterwards (google, ms
    newsgroups).
    Regards,
    Niclaas

    Petra Grehling, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Nate

    Egil Solberg Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299340

    and

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811366

    If you now run ACPI multiprocessor HAL you can probably switch to MPS
    multiprocessor HAL, disabling ACPI but keeping HT.

    Egil Solberg, Oct 4, 2004