ADA 995 speakerset included with Dell Dimension 8300, value for money?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Allegro, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Allegro

    Allegro Guest

    Hi,

    I'm planning to buy a Dell Dimension 8300 Multi Media Extreme in the next 2
    weeks, and sort of configured the system to my liking.

    Now i have a question: does the ADA 995 speakerset still has the hissing and
    humming problems they had in the past? (I want a Audigy 2 in my system)

    It's a 143 EURo option instead of the standard Dell 5660 5.1 speakers, but
    is it value for my money or should i go for the standard speakers for now
    and buy another speaker set for the saved 143 EURO (or more) later?

    Thanks,

    Allegro16

    (I might buy the 19"version of the TFT instead of the 17". Depending on my
    funds next month)

    ---------
    My configured system:

    Dimension 8300 Multi Media Extreme

    Intel® 875 P chipset
    Intel® Pentium® 4 processors with 800MHz system bus
    Geïntegreerd Intel 10/100 Pro Netwerk kaart
    Dual Channel 400MHz DDR geheugen
    Midnight grey mini-tower: 8 USB 2.0 ports, 4 PCI slots , AGP 8x slot
    Norton AntiVirus 2003 (with 90 days free virus updates)

    Dimension Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home (NL)

    Services: 3 years Next Business Day On- Site + Free : 1 year Online
    Training Dell Recommended

    Dimension Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.2GHz/ HT Technology &
    800MHz FSB

    Dimension Memory: 1024MB Dual Channel DDR [2x512MB]

    Dimension Hard Drive: 250GB Serial ATA [7200rpm with 8MB DataBurstTM Cache]

    Dimension Graphics Card: 256MB ATI Radeon 9800XT, DVI, VGA with TV-Out &
    Dual monitor support (+ EUR 238.00 EUR)

    Floppy disk drive / USB Memory Key: 3.5" 1.44MB floppy drive (+ EUR 23.80
    EUR)

    Dimension Monitor: Dell 1703FP 17" FlatPanel (+ EUR 142.80 EUR)

    Dimension Optical drives: 8x DVD+R/RW (DVD Rewriter) & 16x DVD-ROM

    Dimension Speakers: ADA 995 Dolby Digital 5.1 (5 speakers + subwoofer) (+
    EUR 142.80 EUR)

    Dimension Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy2 5.1 Digital Sound Card OEM

    Dimension FireWire (i-Link): IEEE 1394 Adapter (3 port) (+ EUR 41.65 EUR)

    Dimension Keyboards & Mouse: Logitech® Desktop® MXT (+ EUR 117.81 EUR)

    Allegro, Jan 29, 2004

  2. | Hi,

    | I'm planning to buy a Dell Dimension 8300 Multi Media Extreme in the next
    2
    | weeks, and sort of configured the system to my liking.
    |
    | Now i have a question: does the ADA 995 speakerset still has the hissing
    and
    | humming problems they had in the past? (I want a Audigy 2 in my system)

    FWIW my ADA995's (Dimension 8200 purchased new 7-8-2002) never had any hiss
    or hum. They are hooked however to the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
    not an Audigy. The system is in a corner basement office with near zero
    background noise, any hum or hiss would be very noticeable.

    These speakers sound great BTW. The subwoofer is a larger box than the
    computer tower. If their going to be in a relatively small space like my
    office you'll need to anchor or remove anything that rattles :)

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.