Adaptec 2020ZCR (Zero-Channel RAID Controller) & Tyan Transport TA26 (B2882T26)

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by JM McDonald, Sep 3, 2005.

  1. JM McDonald

    JM McDonald Guest

    With 2020ZCR inserted, motherboard will not POST. I have tried:

    * Changed PCI scan order from descent to ascent
    * Disabled NIC ROM option
    * Disabled SATA option
    * Changed PCI-X slot
    * Booting with hard disks not inserted

    The BIOS is outdated (does not properly recognize the dual-core CPUs)
    but I cannot update it yet since Tyan's website is refusing anonymous
    FTP logins. (How nice.)

    One question I have is regarding the SO-DIMM slot near the on-board
    Adaptec SCSI controller chip. Is this required? Must I insert a memory
    module in order to use ZCR? I thought not since the Adaptec 2020ZCR has
    on-board memory (five MicronTech chips)...

    Cheers,

    JM McDonald, Sep 3, 2005