Adaptec 2120S on ABIT KV7

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Ken - Tech, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Ken - Tech

    Ken - Tech Guest

    Could anyone advise if Adaptec 2120S u320 SCSI RAID Controller (64-Bit PCI)
    on a KV7 (32-Bit PCI Slots) is OK/Possible??

    Per Adaptec FAQ's, thier 64-bit controllers should work in 32-bit pci slots.
    http://ask.adaptec.com/cgi-bin/adap...1903&p_li=&p_faqid=11130&p_created=1088091950

    Following is the intended setup . . .

    KV7 w/ AMD Athlon XP 2600+ CPU
    512MB (2 x 256MB) PC3200 DDR RAM
    Adaptec 2120S u320 SCSI RAID Controller (64-Bit operating as 32-bit, 32-bit
    PCI slot)
    (2) x u320 15K Seagate SCSI Hard Drives (Mirrored By Controller)

    Primarilly I am looking for input from anyone who has used this card with
    the KV7 or another ABIT board.

    Thanks - Ken

    Ken - Tech, Jul 22, 2004