Adaptec USB2 Connect and winxp sp1 problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Karl, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Karl

    Karl Guest

    I have installed last night service pack 1 of WINXP and since then the
    recently bought USB2 card by Adaptec does not work any longer. I contacted
    Adaptec and was told to download the new driver. The gave me the name and I
    downloaded it and installed it.

    All seemed to go fine, yet I can still not see the Cardreader, the External
    Drive, or the MS Wireless Mouse on the USB diagram.

    It shows 4 USB ports available, but not the connected hardware.

    The card is fine. I took it even out and re-inserted it. The light on the
    cardreader is on, so USB supplies the power.

    The Device Manger shows the new driver as:

    Adaptec AUA-4000 PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller and it says that it is
    working properly.

    Why can I not see and use the above peripherals? They worked all fine before
    the WINXP download.

    Adaptec Tech. support said the downloaded new driver was needed. But it does
    not solve the problem.

    I waited now 15 minutes to get Tech. Support back on hold, but gave up and
    post this note instead.

    Hopefully someone here sees the problem and has an answer.

    Karl, Aug 13, 2003