    I have many SD-RAM ( 2M or 4M) from pc , does any try to add ram to a
    LEON's schematic (philips LPC 2106)

    TIA.

    EZarm, Dec 18, 2003

  2. EZarm

    Ian McBride Guest

    In my experience, even using SDRAM with SDRAM controllers is risky.. unless
    you've seen the exact two parts work together, all is not absolutely
    plug'n'play. Adding it to a LPC2106 -- with no external bus -- sounds like
    misery. You'd probably need a second micro, with a SPI and an SDRAM
    interface, to act as some kind of broker between the two.

    Ian McBride, Dec 18, 2003

  3. EZarm

    EZarm Guest

    EZarm, Dec 18, 2003
  4. EZarm

    Peter_purple Guest

    I've seen more than one using FPM and maybe one with EDO but SDRAM is
    synchronous needs more effort to keep data rate to cpu,

    --
    that is because,

    peter purple proclaims

    below, the infamous big dollar scam list of email addresses, growing,
    appended here for those nice news bots to collect their email addresses
    and bombard them instead :)

    , ,
    ,
    "fprohanp" <>, mariam seseseko <>,
    "GEORGE JOHN" <>, "gerald abam"
    "tariq ani" <>, "Dr. Isa Gambo"
    Rebeka Abubakar <>

    Peter_purple, Dec 19, 2003
  5. EZarm

    rickman Guest

    If you want an ARM to talk to SDRAM, I recommend that you take a look at
    the OKI ARM chip, the ML67400x and ML67500x lines. The number for the
    ROMless chips are ML67x001 and the Flash parts are ML67Qx002 or
    ML67Qx003. The '03 parts have 512 kB of Flash and the '02 parts have
    256kB of Flash. All parts have 32kB of SRAM and the 500x parts have 8kB
    of cache. The 400x parts run at 33 MHz and the 500x parts run at 60
    MHz.

    All parts have on chip ADC, PWM, 16550 UART, async SIO (like a UART),
    I2C, a three wire sync SIO, 2 DMA channels and up to 42 GPIOs (of course
    using the digital peripherals takes away from GPIO). This is one nice
    little chip!

    We are going to use the ML67Q5003 and are getting a good price on it.
    The Philips part with an external bus won't be out until Q4 of *next*
    year. The OKI parts are all shipping now.

    The only difficulty is finding an eval board. Cogent was supposed to be
    making eval board to sell for $200 through Nohau and other
    distributors. But they seem to be a little slow getting the boards to
    the public. I think there is not a lot of margin on them at $200. You
    might contact "Sten Larsson" <> *remove the
    NO-SPAM* if you are interested in the eval board. I am getting a
    loaner directly from OKI.

    --

    Rick "rickman" Collins

    removed.

    4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice
    Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX

    rickman, Dec 19, 2003