    together it fails to boot. Using either CPU in slot 0 alone will work fine
    so I know the processors are good but I can't get them to work together.
    Any ideas?

    Michael A. Howard, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Michael A. Howard

    Rich Teer Guest

    Are the part numbers the same? You can't mix Cu and non-Cu CPUs in
    a machine.

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Hmm, one part no. looks like PA1125, the other PA1124. I was originally
    led to believe they were the same.

    Michael A. Howard, Mar 10, 2006
  4. I doubt PA1124 or PA1125 is the Sun part number.

    Looking here:

    http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SunBlade1000/components.html

    you see the pare are 5 part numbers for the 900 MHz CPUs. Some are for the
    Cu variants, and some are not. Rich said you can't mix Cu and non-Cu, so
    assuming he is right (and I trust he is), then I'd look at that.

    PS
    Does anyone know what "900MHz UltraSPARC III Cu Module
    (501-6002 screened for processor flatness)" is? I've never herd the term
    "processor flatness".

    --
    Dave K

    Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE).

    Dave (from the UK), Mar 10, 2006
  5. OK I can see that they're both non Cu modules from the Sun website so
    that's not the problem.

    Michael A. Howard, Mar 10, 2006
  6. Michael A. Howard

    Steve Guest

    Could be the motherboard. I had (have) an E450 that would take three
    procs out of four in any order but none in the top (last) slot.

    Replaced the board and all was (is) fine.

    Steve

    Steve, Mar 10, 2006
  7. HI,
    What does happend when you ahve both in, can the system boot?

    /michael

    Michael Laajanen, Mar 11, 2006
  8. No, the system can't boot. I get 2 beeps and then nothing.

    Michael A. Howard, Mar 12, 2006