    . view. 0. 3. 35003.160MB. NONE. NEW DRV.SEAGATE ST336706LC .

    Can it be done or am I just wasting my time?

    - Peter

    Peter Eriksson, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Peter Eriksson

    B. Wright Guest

    I doubt it will work right. Sun firmware changes the disk
    geometry so it's consistent across drive brands for things like
    mirroring or other RAID. If you were doing this RAID on the host with
    volume manager or other software you can get around it, but in that box,
    it's all done internally. Even if you can get it to accept it, running
    disks with third party firmware in that box is probably not a good idea.

    B. Wright, Jun 5, 2006

  3. I just succeeded in doing it. The reason why I couldn't select the new drive
    was that I had a global spare defined that was one of the original disks - and
    thus it was too small! If I deleted that global spare I could select it just
    as the other drives. (I've now switched the disks so that the slightly larger
    one is the global spare :)

    - Peter

    Peter Eriksson, Jun 5, 2006