    menu item as a shortcut no problem but deeper in the menu structure.

    Thanks much in advance!,
    Jason

    bodhiSoma, Feb 23, 2008

  2. bodhiSoma

    Guest Guest

    do it from within photoshop -- edit menu, keyboard shortcuts.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2008

  3. bodhiSoma

    bodhiSoma Guest

    That worked perfectly.

    How would I do this through OS X's Keyboard prefs for a program that
    doesn't have the capability to do it natively like Photoshop does?

    Thanks,
    Jason

    bodhiSoma, Feb 23, 2008
  4. Don't worry about the path to get to the command, just assign a
    keyboard shortcut to the item itself.

    For example, to set a keyboard shortcut for TextEdit's
    Format->Text->Justify, just use Justify as the menu item text.

    Steven Fisher, Feb 23, 2008
  5. bodhiSoma

    bodhiSoma Guest

    Actually that's the first (and only) thing I tried. In the above
    example, I tried making a shortcut using just "Distort" as the name
    and it didn't work.

    Jason

    bodhiSoma, Feb 23, 2008
  6. Ah. It's possible Photoshop does something to break it. I don't have a
    copy to check with. It does work for other applications, though. :)

    Steven Fisher, Feb 23, 2008
  7. bodhiSoma

    bodhiSoma Guest

    OK. Thanks Steven!