    new. I use Maxblast and Seagate utilities and they tell me that yeah I have
    a controller and a 300 Gb Maxtor hard drive and that everything is healthy.
    Also the BIOS sees it. Now how do I make Windows add it?

    The Leon, May 19, 2006

  2. The Leon

    BurksIT

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Perhaps..

    To load the drivers properly you must hit F6 during intial system install bootup, then supply the disc. It will then ask for the disk again later during installation.

    How do you load the drivers for an existing system? I have tried unsuccessfully to load them on an existing system and it doesnt work. (for example switch from SATA to RAID configuration).

    If someone knows how to install HD drivers (switch between the SATA or the RAID) after a system is up and running it would reduce my grief. I have tried reconfiguring the firmware and bios after installing the drivers in the OS, but that didnt work the 20 different ways I tried to do it.

    ---Burks IT

    BurksIT, Jul 12, 2006

  3. The Leon

    vinci Guest

    I believe you have to insert the driver into the floppy when booting from
    the XP CD. As soon as the computer boots from the CD and the screen turns
    blue, quickly press F6 (to specify that you have an additional driver) and
    XP will tell you when to insert the floppy.

    If you already installed XP, boot the computer as if new install press F6
    to add the driver, and when you get to the Install or Reapair option in
    the installation process, press REPAIR and I believe that should take care
    of it.

    If you install Raid 0 (I wouldn't) you need the RAID driver which you
    install the same way as the other drivers when booting from the XP CD.

    vinci, Dec 27, 2006