    to a Solaris 10 install. Is that part of the problem? What am I
    doing wrong? Any/all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

    Solarys

    Solarys, Mar 3, 2009

  2. IIRC, the dvi connector is unsupported by OBP. So you'll need to get to
    the stage, when X gets started. But I don't know for sure, as I never
    tried it myself...

    - Thomas

    Thomas Maier-Komor, Mar 3, 2009

  3. Solarys

    Martin Paul Guest

    As Thomas said, the DVI port cannot be used while the machine is in OBP
    and before the X-Server comes up.

    The X-Server uses the VGA port by default, too, so you must copy
    /usr/dt/config/Xservers to /etc/dt/config and add "-dev /dev/fbs/pfb0b"
    to the only non-comment line to make it use DVI instead.

    I used to have TFTs with both a VGA and a DVI port, and connected both
    the analog and the digital output to the monitor. Like that, you have
    output both during bootup and later in X.

    hth,

    mp.

    Martin Paul, Mar 3, 2009
  4. Solarys

    Jeff Wieland Guest

    Or you can connect two monitors and use it in double-wide mode. You
    enable that with:

    # /usr/lib/fbconfig/SUNWpfb_config -doublewide enable

    I usually enable the "fake8" mode for the couple of apps that I still
    have around that need 8 bit pseudocolor (one really useless app is
    WABI, which will run under Solaris 10 :) ).

    # /usr/lib/fbconfig/SUNWpfb_config -fake8 enable

    Jeff Wieland, Mar 4, 2009
  5. Solarys

    Solarys Guest

    Thanks for ur responses. I will take ur suggestions.

    Solarys

    Solarys, Mar 5, 2009