    or is my only option swapping batteries after four hours?

    Thanks.

    -Joel

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Aug 1, 2005

  2. You must swap the batteries when needed.

    Edward J. Neth, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Yeah, sure looks like it. Models with swappable optical (etc) drives
    can have a D-Bay battery, but the I2200 has a fixed optical drive.
    Still, hibernating, swapping the battery, and powering it back up
    again won't take long, especially in the context of an 8-hour plane
    flight...

    William P. N. Smith, Aug 1, 2005
  4. You must swap the batteries when needed.
    Yes. I was hoping someone had figured out a way of putting a battery
    in the CD drive slot. I don't mind the downtime of swapping so much
    as the nuisance of having to carry the extra battery, and the extra
    weight of carrying a CD drive I won't be using.

    Thanks.

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Aug 1, 2005
  5. By the way, does anyone know how I actually *get* the battery? I
    tried calling Dell yesterday, but cut off after an announcement that
    "we are experiencing technical difficulties." I tried their web,
    under "Software and Peripherals," but I need a username and password
    for that....

    Sigh.

    -Joel

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Aug 1, 2005