    Does this make any sense to any readers?
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson

    Sligo, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Did you try a different/new cpu fan?
    Maybe the bearings are shot in the existing fan????
    Or maybe a grounding/shorting issue, or something shifting with the
    mb/cards?
    just an idea or two!
    later,
    dave

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Sligo

    Sligo Guest

    Thank you for ideas.
    Best,
    Seamus J.

    Sligo, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Sligo

    acajka Guest

    Does the cpu fan startup when the case is positioned upright? If not, then
    you need a new one. If it does run with the chassis upright, then I would
    be looking for some type of mechanical mounting issue with the motherboard
    itself or installed pc cards. Take out any cards an reseat in the slots, and
    check that the 6 or 8 motherboard mounting screws are tight.

    Andy

    acajka, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Glad you got it running well again!
    you're welcome! :)