    It says I must buy these items separately, but from whom or where?

    I can't find anywhere on the ASUS site where accessories are sold.
    Can anyone please clue me in?

    Rickroll, Aug 25, 2013

  2. Rickroll

    Paul Guest

    This one is a bit overpriced. It would be for a front bay.
    I couldn't find the faceplate version on this site. This
    site services North America, and I'm not aware of similar sites
    for any other areas.

    http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3611

    I thought this adapter was humorous. Would lead to a cabling mess.

    http://www.everythingusb.com/20-pin-usb-3.0-header-connector-21232.html

    And from the same site actually selling that dongle, they have a faceplate
    product.

    http://usb.brando.com/usb-3-0-dual-20-pin-header-to-usb-3-0-4-port-hub-bracket_p02846c046d015.html

    The problem with that one, is the connectors might be slightly
    too close together to be practical. Some of the USB3 flash
    sticks are a bit bigger than normal. You'd want a faceplate
    like that, but perhaps with only two connectors on it.

    That dongle idea seems to be popular with the manufacturers.
    This one is a little less fancy.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812240023

    OK, here is a two port plate. Still too close together to be
    an "ideal" purchase, but close enough.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186177

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 26, 2013

  3. In the UK I got the two-port version of this:
    http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/usb3-front-panel/
    for my M5A99X Pro. Don't remember what I paid but an Amazon UK
    reseller is listing it at less than £10.

    Peter Johnson, Aug 26, 2013