    was told to stay away from sli boards
    thanks in adavance
    email me please

    Thumperdude, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Thumperdude

    Dylan C Guest

    My X2 3800 is great for multitasking desktop apps, but a faster single
    core CPU might game just as well and cost less. Maybe someone else has
    more info.
    Nobody ever complains about having too much memory, and most who have it
    in their budget go with 1 gig minimum. Also, if you are considering
    overclocking, you might think about faster memory. PC3500 or better.
    I don't game, cant help here.
    Unless you are into extreme overclocking or want a super-quiet machine,
    I fail to see the need for water cooling.

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Thumperdude

    gimp Guest

    4200+ if you're not planning to OC, last time i checked the price was
    very close to the 3800+.

    good card. for highend games, you'd have to stay at 1280x1024 or
    below.... i'd go up to a 7800GT if your budget can get there. or stay
    with the 7600 and in future if you need it get a 2nd 7600GT for SLI
    (which would beat a 7800GT).

    that's crap. most [good] highend motherboards are SLI, just because it
    has the feature doesn't mean you have to use it ;)

    gimp, Apr 1, 2006
  4. Thumperdude

    DRS Guest

    The 4200 overclocks quite well. You might be able to squeeze a bit more out
    of a Venice core than the Manchester but not much so why not have an
    overclocked dual-core? I've got my 4200 stable at 2.7Ghz thus far.

    DRS, Apr 3, 2006