    he cannot change settings and stuff for security reasons.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Aug 7, 2012

  2. Not necessarily.

    With Mac OS X 10.5.8 your can change CUPS server behavior with your
    browser (Safari).

    <http://localhost:631/> -> tab "Administration" giving your
    admin/password login.

    Jacques Perrocheau, Aug 7, 2012

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Ooh, I will have to check that out on his old MacBook Pro. :)
    --
    "I made my list for my birthday." --Christopher. "Yeah, what'd you put
    on there? - A basketball or an ant farm." and "This could be an ant

    Ant, Aug 7, 2012
  4. Ant

    Ant Guest

    What about newer Mac OS X verisons?
    --
    "Are you slower than an ant?" --Sai Yuk from The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk
    movie (English subtitles)

    Ant, Aug 7, 2012
  5. It still works in 10.6.8. Lion disables the web interface by default,
    but a little googling discovers this Terminal command to enable it:

    cupsctl WebInterface=Yes

    Barry Margolin, Aug 7, 2012
  6. Ant

    Ant Guest

    I finally tried this in Mac OS X 10.5.8. Nice and it would be useful to
    me. Does Mountain Lion (10.8) still have this? I don't have access to
    one right now to check. :(
    --
    "God is a mean kid sitting on an ant-hill with a magnifying glass, and
    I'm the ant." --Bruce Nolan (Bruce Almighty movie)

    Ant, Sep 9, 2012
  7. Ant

    Tom Stiller Guest

    Yes.