    Or do you know any other way to get administrator access to our Macs?

    Thanks in advance for your support!

    Kind regards, Friedrich

    Friedrich Vosberg, Jul 5, 2013

  2. With 10.7, there's a recovery partition.

    And I think with 10.4, you could boot "single user" by holding Command-S
    right after the boot chime and allow the machine to come up in
    single-user command line mode. Then use the passwd command to reset the
    password. That also might work on 10.[56].

    You'd best start looking much harder for the install disks for these
    machines. If you can't find them, contact Apple and get new copies.

    Michael Vilain, Jul 5, 2013

  3. Another point.

    If any of the systems are using File Vault, you're SOL. Unless you have
    the key that's generated when you encrypt a volume, you can't get into
    the system, period. Wipe it with a new install. If you don't have the
    install disks, get them from Apple.

    Michael Vilain, Jul 5, 2013
  4. No. As another poster pointed out, you could change the password for
    the other administrator account, but this would not help you on the
    other machines.
    The standard way to deal with this on unix-variant machines (like
    Macs) is to log in single user and reset the adminstrator password
    there.

    Here, for example, are instructors for logging into the machine in
    single user mode and resetting the password. I haven't tried this
    particular set of instructions, but I've done the analogous thing.

    http://lifehacker.com/5681710/how-to-break-into-a-mac-and-prevent-it-from-happening-to-you

    Doug Anderson, Jul 5, 2013