    6600 GT capture video from a handheld video recorder, if the recorder has
    S-video output?

    Thanks.

    Robert Oschler, Nov 29, 2004

  2. I have a 6600 GT (8 x AGP). I have two questions:

    Happy guy :)
    Only if it has video input (VIVO version).

    Mirek

    Mirek Fídler, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Mirek,

    How can I tell if it has the VIVO version? The manuals are combo manuals
    for the several different boards and are confusing. The picture for the
    6600 card shows an S-video connector between two DVI connectors which matchs
    my layout, but it says VIVO optional next to it. So I can't tell if that
    means the port is optional, which in that case would mean I do have VIVO
    functionality because I do have an S-video port, or that the VIVO
    functionality *for* that port is optional and that I may not have it.

    I have the SandraSoft diagnostic utilities. Is there anything I can look
    for in either the Video information report or the DirectX report that would
    tell me whether or not VIVO functionality is detected?

    Thanks.

    Robert Oschler, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Robert Oschler

    Ian Guest

    How can I tell if it has the VIVO version? The manuals are combo manuals
    Hi Robert,

    Which brand of 6600 do you have ?
    Usually VIVO models have 'VIVO' in the model number.
    Tell us the brand and model number and we can probably tell you if its VIVO

    cheers

    Ian

    Ian, Nov 29, 2004
  5. If you have VIVO, you'll have splitter/dongle which plugs into the DIN
    plug on the card. This splitter will give you S-Video/composite in/out.
    If the plug on yer card is directly an S-Video, 'tis a TV out only.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Nov 29, 2004
  6. Robert Oschler

    Ed Light Guest

    Not knowing much about it, I thought that the card will do hardware encoding
    and decoding of videos, but the right drivers and maybe something extra have
    to be installed.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Robert Oschler

    CapFusion Guest

    Your DIN should have 9pins for ViVo. The dongle cable should have 4
    [2SVideo(in/out) / 2 Composite(in/out)] head that should be included with
    the package.

    Your card should have a manufacturer model label that would indicate on it.
    Check out the model, you then can find what spec. / feature your card
    available.

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Dec 1, 2004